Saturday, February 5, 2022

Bar Soap - Yep, a post about bar soap

 


Thanks to my brother Ricky I have started to use bar soap, specifically the Defense brand of bar soap with tea-tree and eucalyptus oils. I had to buy new bars a few weeks ago and I realized that I really didn't have any way (or where) to put the soap in between showers - it just sort of sat there on one of our two ledges getting smaller and smaller with every other shower (even when I wasn't using it). So I did some internet sleuthing to see what kind of soap dishes or containers I could to extend the life of the bar. I found a few that made sense, but the two that I was draw to the most both had problems (in my mind at least). I was about to buy a bamboo one, but all of the reviews talked about how it just mildewed within weeks of use. There was another one, a porcelain one, that looked good, but in my mind all I could image was me dropping it in the shower and having to clean up a mess of ceramic shards. 

The other day, as I was using a natural loofa, and I realized I can just put the soap bar on top of the loofa. So far it seems to have worked really well, the soap bar stays much drier in between showers than before (when I used to reach down between bottles and just find a goopy edged bar). I do have to say, if your loofa is a bit long, or curved in any way, you may have to find a little nook, as I have, to slightly lean the loofa with the soap on top, so that it will not fall over between showers. 

If you're into bar soap and would like to look into other ways to prolong the life of your soap bar, check out these two links below. I found them to be pretty interesting.

9 Ways to Store a Bar Soap in the Shower and Make it Last Longer - Loo University

How to store soap and shampoo bars – nul

No comments:

Post a Comment