Saturday, March 26, 2022

Old Man Rant

Things I hate about getting old: every little bump and bruise hurts for way too long, much longer than they used to. Was playing lacrosse with my two youngest and one of them smacked my elbow as they were playing defense (I had looked at my elbows before leaving the house, but I didn't grab them - I should have). The rest of the day and into the next day my elbow felt like I sprained my whole arm - like really?!? My index finger, the top joint, has some kind of ligament dilemma, and it's been hurting for days, maybe weeks. Seriously. Go jogging around with the boys again, and my knees start screaming at me (maybe it's because I spend all day sitting at this computer).

Things I like about getting old: patience. I have a lot more patience (sometimes). I hope I am little wiser every day, at least about some things. I get to see my children grow and grow - and while I love every stage and they were really cute when they were younger, their personalities are getting more and more visible. It's beautiful to see them struggle - again, sometimes. Sometimes, with these schools, it's just a headache - I keep forgetting that humanizing practices, seeing students as human first and rule followers and compliance machines second, is just not what most schools are about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment